Monday, December 29, 2008

Stuff, Stuff, Everywhere!

“Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, ‘Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.’” Hebrews 13:5

I can’t believe it has been so much time has past since my first posting! I surely wanted to post more frequently than this, but the time has gotten away from me. What has kept me so busy?

Two adults and three little children who have been locked in by the snow with no where to go make quite a mess!

What I have realized during this “snow in” is that we have too much stuff. There is so much stuff that I spend all my day running around trying to put it back into its rightful place, and honestly, much of the stuff doesn’t have a place to go. All of this doesn’t create a great feeling of contentment.

It is all a Catch-22. If I were more content with what I have, I wouldn’t feel the need to bring more things into the house. If I decreased how much I have, I would be able to take better care of everything and enjoy them more. If I could take care of everything, I would know what I have and realize I don’t need more.

It was good to look at this verse again. I remember the love of money part, and the being content part. I had forgotten the end; “BECAUSE God has said, ‘Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.’” God’s instructions always have a reason. We should strive toward Contentment to be able to focus on God.

When I think of all God could accomplish through me without all this stuff, makes me want to load up a truck and clear the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment